Idea gallery #1734
- 1pound Super White Candy
Coating, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- 2 tsp Corn Syrup
- 1tbsp Butter, softened
- 2 tsp Horchata Concentrated Flavor
- Gold Luster Dust
- Lemon Oil or Grain Alcohol
- White Candy Coating or
1. Place the finely chopped chocolate in a mixing bowl.
2. Place the butter & flavoring on top of the chocolate and
set the bowl aside.
3. In a heavy 2 qt. saucepan, bring cream and corn syrup to
boil. Pour the hot cream and corn syrup over
the chopped chocolate and butter. Blend with a whisk
until a smooth consistency is reached.
4. Spread the mixture into a 9” x 9” pan lined with parch
ment paper, keeping the top as smooth as possible. Chill
for several hours in the refrigerator.
5. Remove from pan and cut into squares using a bench
cutter, pizza cutter or a cut shapes using a cookie cutter.
6. For ornaments: Dip into melted candy coating or melted
and tempered chocolate. The squares may be kept in the
refrigerator for ease of dipping.
7. Once dipped in the chocolate or coating, shake off any
excess & place onto parchment. While coating is still
wet, gently place the cut-down transfer sheet on top.
8. Once completely set, mix together grain alcohol & luster
dust to paint the top portion of the ornament