Marshmallow Caramel Patties
Idea gallery #1682
- 1/4 cup Water
- 2 tbsp Gelatin
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1 1/4 cup Granulated
- 3/4 cup Invert Sugar
- 3/8 cup Light Corn Syrup
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 pound Peter’s Caramel
- 2-3 cups Peanuts,
- 2 pounds Cocoa Lite
1. Prepare 9 x 13 inch pan, coating well with butter.
2. In a mixing bowl, soak gelatin in water.
3. In a saucepan, combine water, sugar and invert
4. Heat but do not boil; pour hot syrup into gelatin,
5. Gradually add corn syrup and vanilla, beating
on medium-high speed of mixer until mixture is
fluffy, white and doubled in bulk.
6. As soon as it is finished whipping, spread marsh
mallow into a well-buttered 9 x 13 pan.
7. Allow to set an hour.
8. Butter the edge of a bench scraper. Use the but
tered bench scraper to cut into squares. Keep
the edges of the bench scraper blade buttered.
Allow the marshmallow to set up completely.
9. Place caramel in a microwave-safe bowl.
10. Heat for 30 seconds. Stir. Heat for 20 more sec
onds. Stir. Continuing heating every 20 seconds
until the caramel is melted.
11. Pour the warm caramel on the prepared marshmallow. Use a spatula to evenly spread the cara
mel, spreading nearly to the edge.
12. Allow the caramel to cool.
13. Use a buttered dough cutter to loosen the sides of the marshmallow caramel layers. Lift the
marshmallow caramel from the pan and set on a sheet of parchment paper.
14. Cut into 1 ½ inch squares using a buttered dough cutter.
15. If the mixture begins to stick to the cutter, butter the cutter again. After the squares are cut, be
sure they are not touching one another, or they will begin to stick together.
16. Melt milk chocolate candy coating or melt and temper milk chocolate.
17. Dip each square into the melted chocolate. Place the dipped squares approximately 2 inches
apart on a parchment-lined sheet. Reserve remaining chocolate for next step.
18. Mix chopped peanuts to the remaining chocolate so the mixture is very thick with peanuts.
19. Spoon the chocolate peanut mixture on top of the dipped marshmallow caramel squares.
20. Allow to set