Chocolate Strawberry Cupcake Bon Bons
Idea gallery #2456
- Clasen Milk Coating
- 8oz Dry Fondant Mix
- 4 Tbsp Heavy Cream
- 10 Drops Strawberry Flavor
- Hot Pink Colour Mill Color
- Wilton Whipped Icing, prepared
- Sprinkle Mix
- Edible Glitter
1. Start by melting milk chocolate coating in the
microwave-- 30 second intervals work best.
2. Transfer this melted coating to a tipless bag.
3. Using mold #90-5607, fill each cavity with the
melted coating. Tap the filled mold to settle the
coating & remove any air bubbles.
4. Let this set for 10 minutes.
5. In the meantime, prepare the strawberry filling.
6. In a bowl, combine 8 ounces of dry fondant mix
& 4 tablespoons of heavy cream. Mix until combined.
7. Add 10 drops of strawberry flavor & stir.
8. If desired, add some hot pink colour mill food
color-- a little goes a long way! Set aside.
9. At this point, your filled mold should be ready to
invert over parchment.
10. Use a scraper to remove any excess coating--
this coating can be remelted.
11. Let these candy coating shells set for 10 minutes.
12. In the meantime, transfer the strawberry filling to a pastry bag.
13. After 10 minutes have passed, fill each cavity of the mold with the strawberry filling. Make sure
to leave room at the top for more coating to seal each piece of candy.
14. Re-melt your milk coating if needed.
15. Starting on the outer edge of each cavity, pipe coating to seal each piece of candy.
16. Use a bench scraper to smooth the tops & remove any excess coating.
17. Put the filled mold into the freezer for 10-15 minutes.
18. Once set, invert the mold to release each piece of candy. Place each piece in a mini foil cupcake liner to look like a baked cupcake.
19. Prepare Wilton Whipped Icing according to the package directions.
20. Once made, transfer to a piping bag fitted with tip 1G.
21. Pipe a dollop of this icing on each of the “cupcakes” & top with a fun sprinkle mix.
22. Add edible glitter if desired.
23. For best results, enjoy at room temperature for up to 2 weeks, or in the refrigerator for up to 3