Dark Chocolate Salted Caramel Bon Bon
Idea gallery #2395
- 8oz Cocoa Dark Coating
- 15-20 drops Caramel Flavor
- Paramount Crystals, as needed
- Caramel Crisp Pearls
- Dark Chocolate Caramel Sauce
- Flaky Sea Salt
- Mold #90-5679
1. Melt down cocoa dark coating in a heat-proof bowl in the microwave. 30 second intervals work best-- stir between each interval until smooth & completely melted.
2. Once your coating is completely melted, add in the caramel flavoring and stir. If your chocolate seems thick, add a small amount of paramount crystals. Once incorporated, add this melted/flavored chocolate to a large tipless bag.
3. Cut the end of the tipless bag off so you can squeeze your chocolate into the mold. Fill each cavity completely. Tap the mold on the counter to release any air bubbles. Let this mold sit at room temperature for 5 minutes.
4. After 5 minutes, invert the mold over a piece of parchment paper and shake slightly to help remove some of the chocolate from the mold. This is going to leave you with a chocolate shell in each cavity. Once the chocolate from the middle of each cavity has emptied, flip the mold back over and use an angled spatula to scrape off any chocolate on top of the mold. Let this chocolate set fo 10 minutes at room temperature.
5. Place the Stonewall Kitchen Dark Chocolate Salted Caramel Sauce into a tipless bag. Pipe approximately 1 teaspoon into each cavity of the chocolate lined mold. Top with an even layer of caramel crisp pearls and a pinch of flaky sea salt.
6. Re-warm your flavored chocolate if needed by heating in the microwave for 10-15 seconds. Pipe chocolate on top of caramel sauce to eill each cavity completely. Use an angled spatula to smooth the tops if needed. Tap to remove any air bubbles & place into the freezer for 10-15 minutes.
7. Take your mold out of the freezer and flip upside-down-- if your chocolates do not pop out of the mold, return to the freezer for 5-10 minutes and try again.
8. Place your chocolates onto a sheet of parchment for easy clean up. Use a dust pump to apply edible glitter. Use a paring knife to remove any excess chocolate if needed.