Pecan Pie Fudge
Idea gallery #2289
- 4 1/2 cups Pecan Pieces,
- 1 1/2 cups Granulated
- 1 1/2 cups packed Dark
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 3 tbsp Dark Corn Syrup
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp LorAnn Maple
1. Toast pecans.
2. Line a 9”x9” pan with parchment paper and
spray with nonstick cooking spray.
3. In a heavy large saucepan, combine sugars,
cream and corn syrup. Cook over medium heat,
stirring until sugars dissolve.
4. Insert candy thermometer and bring to a boil,
5. Allow mixture to boil, stirring frequently until
mixture reaches 238ºF.
6. Remove pan from heat and stir in butter, extracts
7. Begin to stir fudge vigorously with a wooden
spoon, beating the fudge until it loses its shine
and holds its shape. This process will take 10-15
minutes and is done when the fudge comes to
gether and forms a ball on the bottom of the
8. Pour fudge into prepared pan and smooth it into
an even layer.
9. Refrigerate the fudge to set, for at least 1 hour.
10. Once set, remove fudge from pan and cut into 1-inch pieces to serve.
11. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week or refrigerate or freeze
for longer storage life