Idea gallery #989
- 1.25 pounds Milk Chocolate Coating
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 cup Evaporated Milk
- 1.5 cups Marshmallow
- 1/4 cup Peanut Butter
- 1tsp Vanilla Extract
1. For Nougat Center: In a heavy saucepan over
medium-high heat, melt butter.
2. Stir in sugar and evaporated milk. Bring to a boil
and let boil 5 minutes.
3. Remove from heat and stir in marshmallow
cream, peanut butter and vanilla.
4. Let set at room temperature until only very little
warmth is left.
5. For Molded Filled Candies: Melt candy coating.
6. Pour into a squeeze bottle.
7. Squeeze the candy into a clean, dry mold cavi
-ty starting at the top rim, making sure the en
-tire cavity (especially the sides) is covered with
the coating. Continue filling all the cavities in this
8. Turn the mold over and empty the excess candy
onto parchment paper or silicone mat.
9. Excess candy may be remelted.
10. Invert the mold and use a spatula to scrape all
excess candy off the surface of the mold until the top rim of the cavities appears neat.
11. Let candy set up at room temperature.
12. Put desired filling into cavity, leaving 1/8” clearance.
13. With melted coating in squeeze bottle, squeeze candy over filling, starting at the outer edge of
the cavity to insure proper sealing.
14. Place in freezer.
15. When the mold is cloudy and the candy feels cold, invert the mold and the candy will drop from
16. RECIPE AND IMAGE TAKEN WITH PERMISSION FROM AUTUMN CARPENTER’S BOOK, ALL
ABOUT CANDY MAKING. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.