Cookies and Cream Fudge
Idea gallery #664
- 2 2/3 cups Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup Butter
- 1 1/3 cups Heavy Cream
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 pound Bright White Candy
- 4 cups Mini Marshmallows
- 1 tsp Clear Vanilla
- 1/2 tsp Cookies & Cream Flavor
- White Food Coloring, if desired
- 2 cups Oreo Pieces
- Edible Glitter
1. Start by brushing pan grease into a 9” square
pan. Once completely covered, place a piece of
parchment into your pan.
2. In a large saucepan, combine the granulated
sugar, butter, heavy cream & salt.
3. Cook this mixture until it reaches 238º without
stirring-- make sure to use a candy thermometer
for this step.
4. Cooking the mixture to this temperature may
take 20+ minutes.
5. Once the mixture has been brought up to tem
-perature , add the mini marshmallows & candy
coating-- stir until well blended.
6. Add in the clear vanilla & cookies & cream fla
7. Next, add in a generous squeeze of white food
coloring, if desired. Also add in the Oreo cookie
pieces & stir.
8. Many times, at this point, the fudge will begin
to break-- this has happened if you see your butter separating from your fudge mixture. Take
the following steps to help fix it:
9. Sometimes, beating the mixture with a wooden spoon will pull it back together.
10. If that does not work, place the mixture into a large mixing bowl & place it over a double boil
-er on the stove. Make sure to mix the fudge to prevent burning.
11. Once the fudge starts to come back together slightly, mix the fudge on a stand mixer using the
paddle attachment. Once it has been beaten long enough, all of the butter should be incorpo
12. Pour the now fixed fudge into your prepared pan & add edible glitter and more Oreo cookie
pieces if desired.
13. Allow the fudge to cool completely.
14. Cut the fudge into squares.
15. Store in an air tight container at room temperature for 2 weeks, in the refrigerator for 3-4
weeks, or in the freezer for up to 3 months