Buttercream Center Filled Egg
Idea gallery #2406
- Cocoa Dark Coating
- Buttercream SqueezeUm
1. Melt cocoa dark coating in the microwave until
completely melted-- 30 second intervals work
2. Transfer this melted coating to a tipless bag.
3. Fill each cavity of mold #90-2602 completely
with melted coating. Tap the mold on the count
er to release any air bubbles.
4. Let this coating set at room temperature for 5
5. After 5 minutes, invert the mold over parchment
to remove excess chocolate. This is to create a
chocolate shell in each cavity.
6. Use an angled spatula or bench scraper to clean
the edges of the cavities.
7. Let the coating set for 10 minutes at room tem
perature to allow the shells to set up.
8. Cut the end off of the buttercream squeeze-ums
bag. Fill with desired amount of filling, making
sure to leave enough room for more melted
coating on top.
9. If your filling is liquidy, place the filled mold into the refrigerator for 5-10 minutes, or until filling
has set up slightly.
10. Once set, melt down more cocoa dark coating and transfer to a tipless bag. Pipe this coating
on top of each cavity to seal in the filling.
11. Use an angled spatula or bench scraper to remove any excess coating.
12. Place in freezer for 10 minutes.
13. Invert mold over parchment to remove molded candy coating pieces
14. Use a paring knife to clean up the edges of each piece, if needed.
15. Wrap each egg in any 6x6 piece of colored foil wrap.
16. Use an 18” stretch loop wrapped 3x around two half eggs to attach them together.
17. Place in a food-safe egg carton, and enjoy!