Bumblebee Honey Bark
Idea gallery #2508
- 1 pound White Coating
- 1.5 teaspoons Honey Flavor
- Paramount Crystals
- Colour Mill Caramel Color
- Gold Jewel Dust
- Bee Lay-Ons
- Black Poppy Paint
1. Melt 1 pound of white coating in the microwave.
2. Once melted, add 1.5 teaspoons honey flavor--
this will seize the coating. Add 1/4 - 1/2 cup par
-amount crystals & stir.
3. Microwave this mixture for another 30 seconds.
Stir to combine & microwave for another 15-20
seconds if needed.
4. Make sure to not overheat this mixture-- if it
seems close to being completely smooth, do not
heat anymore, just keep stirring.
5. Once thinned & smooth, add Colour Mill Cara
-mel color & stir.
6. Pour this colored coating onto a piece of
washed & dried bubble wrap. Use an angled
spatula to smooth the coating. Let this coating
set up slightly.
7. Once set slightly, score 4 rows & allow the coat
-ing to fully set.
8. Instead of pulling the coating off of the bubble
wrap, peel the bubble wrap away from the coating.
9. Once the coating has been removed, break apart into smaller pieces.
10. Apply gold jewel dust if desired.
11. Attach bee lay-ons using white coating melted in a tipless bag. (a candy writer would work
12. Once all of the bees have been added, use black poppy paint & a small paint brush to add a
dashed line behind each bee. Enjoy!