Wilton's Piping Gel - A Cake Decorating Must Have
Piping gel is a clear, sticky gel used by many bakers and cake decorators.
Creative Uses for Piping Gel:
- Add gel food coloring, edible glitter, or luster dusts to make your own custom writing gel.
- Add it to your buttercream icing to create more elasticity for string work and writing. No more breakage.
- Add blue food coloring to make ocean water for beach themed cakes or pool water for pool party treats.
- Use it as an edible glue for attaching fondant and gum paste decorations to cakes and other treats.
- Use it to glaze fruits in tarts and on top of cakes.
- Add it to heavy cream to make stablized whipped cream.
- Pipe small waterdrops onto your buttercream and fondant flowers for a realistic look.
- Dilute it with water and paint onto your cakes (and other treats) to create a shine.
- Create stained glass effect on cakes and cookies.
Piping Gel FAQ:
Does Piping Gel Harden?
No piping gel does not harden. It stays soft, but will thicken if left out uncovered for a very long period of time.
Does Piping Gel Need to Be Refrigerated?
Piping gel does not need to be refrigerated. Store in a cool, dry place away from sunlight.
What Does Piping Gel Taste Like?
Although considered flavorless, piping gel has a slightly sweet flavor, similar to corn syrup.