Using a pre-made peanut butter truffle candy center is a convenient and time-saving approach to crafting chocolate eggs. This method simplifies the process, making it more accessible for those who may be short on time or prefer a hassle-free option. Here's a quick and easy guide to using a pre-made peanut butter truffle candy center for chocolate eggs:
1. Melt candy coating & pour into a squeeze bottle.
2. Squeeze the coating into each cavity of the mold, filling them completely. Let this sit for 10 minutes at room temperature.
3. Turn the mold over and empty the excess coating onto parchment-- this can be remelted.
4. Use a spatula to scrape all excess coating off the surface of the mold. Let this set up at room temperature.
5. Put peanut butter filing into each cavity, leaving 1/8” clearance.
6. With melted coating in a squeeze bottle, seal each cavity & place into the freezer.
7. When the mold is cloudy & feels cold, invert the mold and the candy will drop from the mold.
8. Wrap candy pieces in foil wrappers & place together with a piece of ribbon.