Caramel Cookie Bar
Idea gallery #1234
- Basic Shortbread Cookie
Recipe (find under bar &
- 1 pound Peter’s Caramel
- 1 pound Mercken’s Cocoa
Lite Candy Coating
- 1tsp Almond Emulsion (optional)
- 1/2 cup Sliced Almonds
1. Mix shortbread per recipe directions, adding
1 teaspoon of almond emulsion to recipe if using
almonds for your bar.
2. Press dough into a ½-inch thick rectangular
3. Cut dough into ½”x 4” strips.
4. Bake shortbread cookies according to recipe
5. Allow cookies to cool completely.
6. Cut caramel in strips to cover tops of shortbread
7. Bake for 2 minutes or until caramel “just” melts
and sticks to cookies.
8. If adding almonds, place almond on top of car
-amel while caramel is still warm and slightly
melted. Gently press almonds into melted cara
9. Melt candy coating in a microwave proof con
-tainer large enough to dip cookies.
10. Using a dipping tool, dip each caramel cookie into the melted coating.
11. Allow excess coating to drip back into container before placing cookie on parchment paper.
12. Allow coating to set completely before removing cookies.