Breakable Easter Egg
Idea gallery #2407
- Super White Candy
- Easter Bunny Sprinkle
- Green Apple Gummy
1. Melt Super White Coating in the microwave
until completely melted-- 30 second intervals
2. Once melted, add a generous amount of a jimmy
sprinkle mix-- the color will not bleed out.
3. Spoon the melted coating/jimmy mixture into
each cavity of mold #90-2608. Use an angled
spatula to drag the coating around the entire
4. Once each cavity has been coated, put into the
refrigerator for 5-7 minutes.
5. Once the base coat has set up, add a thin sec
ond layer of melted coating towards the top
edge of each cavity.
6. Place the mold back into the refrigerator for 10
7. Once the egg shells are completely set, invert
the mold to release each piece of candy coat
8. Heat a plate in the microwave until it is hot. Use this to smooth the edges of 3 of your egg
9. Fill the smoothed egg shells with a Eastery sprinkle mix & gummy bears.
10. Reheat your plate and smooth down one shell at a time. While the coating is still wet, set the
shell on top of the filled shell to seal in the sprinkles & gummy bears.
11. Place completed breakable eggs into a food-safe egg carton.
12. Use a small wooden hammer to break open the egg!