Idea gallery #1041
- 1 3/4 cups Water
- 1 cup Light Corn Syrup
- 2 cups Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Glycerine
- 2 Tbsps Butter
- 1 tsp Concentrated Flavor
- Food Color
1. Line a 10” x 15” pan with a silicone mat, or butter
a jelly roll pan.
2. Place in the refrigerator to chill.
3. In a large, heavy saucepan, combine water, corn
syrup, sugar, salt and glycerine.
4. Stir constantly over high heat until mixture comes
to a boil.
5. Place thermometer in pan and cook to 260º.
6. Remove from heat and let stand for three min
7. Without scraping the sides of pan, stir in butter,
flavoring and color.
8. Pour into prepared chilled pan.
9. Let rest for 5-10 minutes.
10. While it is resting, fold edges into the center to
keep the edges soft.
11. After the taffy is cool enough to handle, liberally
butter hands and begin to pull taffy. Pull the taffy
until it lightens and becomes more elastic.
12. When taffy is ready, pull into a rope and cut into 1” square pieces.
13. Wrap with confectionery waxed paper.
14. RECIPE AND IMAGE TAKEN WITH PERMISSION FROM AUTUMN CARPENTER’S BOOK, ALL
ABOUT CANDY MAKING. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.