Maple Pecan Brittle
Idea gallery #1402
- 1/2 cup Light Corn Syrup
- 1 cup plus 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup Butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1 1/2 cups Toasted Pecan
- 3/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1tbsp Silver Cloud Natural Maple Flavor
1. Prepare a marble slab by coating the surface
with butter or prepare a cookie sheet by lining it
with a silicone mat.
2. In a heavy saucepan, combine the corn syrup,
sugar, butter and water over medium-high heat.
Stir until the butter melts and the sugar dissolves.
Wash down the sides of the pan with a wet pas
try brush to prevent sugar crystallization.
3. Continue to cook, stirring constantly, until the
brittle reaches 300ºF.
4. Remove the pan from the heat and quickly add
the baking soda, stirring to distribute it evenly.
5. Quickly stir in the pecans.
6. Add vanilla and maple flavoring.
7. Pour the brittle onto the prepared marble slab
or silicone mat.
8. Use a greased offset spatula to spread it into a
9. Allow to cool & harden completely, about 2
10. Once hard, break into pieces by hand.
11. TIP: Brittle can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week