Crème de Menthe Transfer Bon Bons
Idea gallery #2416
- Super White Candy
- Creme de Menthe
- Chocolate Transfer
1. Start with a square poly-carbonate mold.
Choose your preferred chocolate transfer sheet
& cut it down to fit the size of your mold.
2. Remove the magnet from your mold so you can
set the trimmed transfer sheet inside. Replace the
magnet to lock the transfer sheet in place-- make
sure the pattern side is facing up & will make
contact with your melted coating.
3. Melt super white candy coating in the micro
wave in 30 second intervals. Once melted,
transfer this melted coating into a tipless bag--
cut a small opening.
4. Fill each cavity of your mold completely with the
melted coating. Tap to release any air bubbles &
let set at room temperature for 5 minutes.
5. Once the coating has set, invert the mold over
a piece of parchment paper. This is going to
remove any excess chocolate & leave with you
with a chocolate shell.
6. Use a flat bench scraper to remove any excess coating on top of your mold. Set the mold aside
for 10 minutes at room temperature-- use the excess coating on the parchment for future proj
7. Once your chocolate shells have set for 10 minutes, fill each cavity with a small amount of
creme de menthe squeeze-ums-- make sure to leave enough room for more melted candy
coating on top.
8. Place the filled mold into the refrigerator for 10 minutes to allow the center to set up slightly.
9. Pull the mold from the refrigerator & re-heat your tipless bag filled with candy coating if need
10. Top off each cavity with melted coating. Use a bench scraper to smooth the bottoms & remove
any excess chocolate.
11. Place the mold into the freezer for 10-15 minutes.
12. Invert the mold on parchment for easy cleanup. To help remove each piece of chocolate, take
out the magnetic piece of the mold and gently press each cavity.
13. 1 bag of squeeze-ums will make approximately 80 bon bons of this size-- use 2-3lbs of coating.
14. Keep at room temperature for 2-3 weeks for the best results-- enjoy!