Idea gallery #2283
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar, plus extra for rolling
- 1 teaspoon LorAnn Butter Vanilla Bakery Emulsion
- 1 teaspoon LorAnn Rum Bakery Emulsion
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups Cream Cheese Pastry Filling
- 1-2 tablespoons Espresso Powder, as desired
- Guittard Cocoa Powder, for dusting
Preheat oven to 375ºF. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Using an electric mixer with a paddle attachment, cream the butter,
sugar, and emulsions together until light and fluffy, 3-5 minutes. Add the egg and beat until combined. Add the baking powder and salt then slowly add the flour to the mixture until well combined. Scoop 1- 1 ½ teaspoon portions of dough and roll into balls. Place a little extra sugar in a small bowl and roll each ball in sugar before placing on a baking sheet. Using a tart tamper or bottom of a
glass, press the dough balls flat. Bake for 9-10 minutes.
Combine the pastry filling and espresso powder. Place the filling in a disposable pastry bag and cut a small hole in the tip. Turn half
of the cooled cookies over and pipe 1 teaspoon of filling onto the bottom cookies. Top each cookie sandwich and sprinkle with cocoa powder.
Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Makes 30-40 sandwich cookies.