Idea gallery #2376
- Caramel Apple Tart:
- Pie Crust Mix or Prepared
- 1/2 cup Cinnamon Sweet Bits
- Apple Pastry Filling
- Peter's Soft Caramel
- Salted Caramel Crispearls
- Dark Chocolate Ganache Tart:
- 1 1/4 cup Chocolate Graham Cracker crumbs
- 5-6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 pound Callebaut Dark Chocolate, chopped fine
- 1 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 6 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- Assorted Chocolate Curls or Decoratifs, as desired
- Crème Brulee:
- Dean & Jacob's Crème Brulee Mix
For Caramel Apple Tart:
1. Mix pie crust as directed, adding Cinnamon Sweet Bits. If using pre-made pie crusts, unfold crust and press out lines to make smooth. Evenly sprinkle Cinnamon Sweet Bits over surface. Place second crust on top, press lightly then roll to sandwich the sprinkles inside.
2. Roll pie crust to an even thickness and cut into desired shape and size. Cut addition decorative pieces with scrap dough. Pierce the dough to help it to hold its shape and prevent shrinkage. Pre-bake for 5-10 minutes, depending on size, or until lightly browned.
3. Add a layer of Peter’s Soft Caramel and top with Apple Pastry Filling. Finish with an additional drizzle of caramel and finish with a sprinkling of Salted Caramel Crispearls. For the Dark Chocolate Ganache Tart:
1. In a small bowl combine crumbs and sugar. Stir in melted butter until thoroughly combined. Add additional butter if needed to help crust hold together. Evenly spread and press onto bottom then sides of tart pans. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm, or bake at 375F for 5-8 minutes or until it appears dry -- cool.
2. Place chocolate and butter in a large bowl. In a small sauce pan, bring cream to just barely a simmer. Pour over chopped chocolate and cover bowl immediately and let set for 5 minutes. Remove cover and whisk until smooth.
3. Pour into cooled tart shells, top with decorations as desired, and allow to set-- overnight at room temperature or 1-2 hours in the refrigerator. Serve at room temperature. For Dean and Jacob’s Creme Brulee:
1. Follow package instructions for perfect results every time!