Hazelnut Espresso Hot Chocolate Bomb
Idea gallery #2396
- 2T Cocoa Powder
- 2T Granulated Sugar
- 1/4t Espresso Powder, or more to desired taste
- Hazelnut Confectionary Coating
- Caramelized Hazelnut Bits
- Mini Marshmallows
- Hazelnut Flavor, if stronger flavor is desired
- Mold #90-5502
1. Melt down hazelnut confectionary coating in a heat-proof bowl in the microwave. 30 second intervals work best-- stir between each interval until smooth & completely melted.
2. Once your coating is completely melted, spoon about 2 tablespoons into each hemisphere cavity in the hot chocolate bomb mold. Use this same spoon to drag the chocolate up the sides of each cavity. Place this mold onto a cookie tray and put into refrigerator for 5-6 minutes.
3. Very carefully remove the tray from the refrigerator and spoon a small amount of the melted coating around the top edge of each cavity of the mold-- this is where the coating will most likely break upon removal. This step is just adding stability. Put the tray into the freezer for 10 minutes.
4. Take the tray out of the freezer-- the mold should appear cloudy. Invert the mold and tap to remove both of the hemispheres. If your chocolates do not pop out of the mold, return to the freezer for 5 minutes and try again.
5. Heat a piece of parchment over low heat on a pan or a glass-top stove. Melt the top edge of one of the hemispheres-- this is going to smooth the edge so you can be left with a perfect sphere later on.
6. Once smoothed, fill with your cocoa & granulated sugar mix. Add in the espresso powder & mini marshmallows
7. Repeat the melting process with the other hemisphere. While the chocolate is still tacky on the bottom, stack it on top of the other hemisphere with the hot cocoa mix, espresso powder & mini marshmallows. This will seal the two hemispheres together and leave you with a perfect sphere.
8. Take some of your melted hazelnut coating and transfer it to a tipless bag. Cut a small hole in the bag and drizzle some of this on top of your bomb. While this chocolate is still wet, sprinkle on some caramelized hazelnut bits & espresso powder if desired.
9. Pour 1.5-2 cups of hot milk over the bomb, stir & enjoy!