Dark Chocolate Cappuccino Bon Bon
Idea gallery #2411
- Mold #90-5620
- Cocoa Dark Coating, Melted
- Cappuccino Squeeze-Ums
- Bright White Candy Coating, Melted
- Espresso Powder
1. Melt down some cocoa dark candy coating in the microwave and transfer to a large squeeze bottle.
2. Fill each cavity of mold #90-5620 with this melted coating. Tap to remove air bubbles. Let this coating set at room temperature for 5 minutes.
3. After 5 minutes, invert the mold over a piece of parchment paper. This will remove any excess chocolate & leave you with a chocolate shell.
4. Once all excess chocolate is removed, use a bench scraper to remove excess coating from the top of mold. Let the chocolate shells set at room temperature for 10 minutes.
5. Once the shells have set up, fill each cavity with a small amount of cappuccino squeeze-ums. Make sure to leave enough room for melted coating on top.
6. Place in the refrigerator for 5-10 minutes to help solidify the filling.
7. Once your filling has set up slightly, remove from the refrigerator. Re-heat the coating in the microwave if needed.
8. Top off each cavity with the melted coating. Use a bench scraper to smooth the bottoms of each bon bon. Put into freezer for 10 minutes.
9. After 10 minutes, invert the mold on parchment paper to remove each coating piece. Clean up the edges with a sharp paring knife if needed.
10. Melt bright white coating in a tipless bag in the microwave. Cut a small opening in the bag and drizzle over each bon bon.
11. While the coating is still wet, sprinkle on a small amount of espresso powder.
12. One bag of squeeze-ups will fill 10-15 bon tons for this recipe. Keep at room temperature and enjoy within 2-3 weeks for best results.