Red Velvet Donuts
Idea gallery #2502
- Stonewall Kitchen Cinnamon
Sugar Doughnut Mix
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup half & half, plus more for
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon Red Velvet Emulsion
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon Cream Cheese
- White sprinkles
- Non-stick spray
1. Pre-heat your oven to 400ºF.
2. To a medium sized microwave-proof bowl, add
1/3 cup of butter & melt.
3. Once melted, add your egg & and a 1/2 cup of
half & half. Use a whisk to combine.
4. Pour this wet mixture on top of the Stonewall
Kitchen Cinnamon Sugar Doughnut Mix dry ingredients & stir until just combined-- do not overmix!
5. Add 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder and 1
tablespoons of Red Velvet Emulsion & stir until just
combined. Add 1 tablespoon of half & half if batter
is too thick.
6. Transfer the batter to a large pastry bag.
7. Spray a mini & regular sized donut pan with nonstick spray.
8. Pipe a ring of batter in each cavity of the donut
pan & use an angled spatula to smooth the batter.
9. Bake the mini donuts for 5-7 minutes and the regular-sized donuts for 8-12 minutes
10. Remove donuts from oven & allow them to cool for 5 minutes. Place donuts in the freezer for 20
minutes which will allow them to be removed more easily.
11. Remove the donuts from the pan & place them on a cooling rack on top of a parchment lined
half sheet pan.
12. To make the glaze: Place 1 cup of powdered sugar in a bowl & add 1 teaspoon of Cream
Cheese Emulsion and 2-3 tablespoons of half & half - mix.
13. If the glaze mixture is dry & crumbly, add 1-2 more teaspoons of half & half. The glaze should be
thick & flowy.
14. Transfer the glaze mixture to a tipless bag & pipe onto each donut so that it flows down the
15. Immediately add white sprinkles to each donut before it forms a crust.