Ingredients and Supplies
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening (high ratio is best)
- 4 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 5 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla flavoring
- 1/2 teaspoon almond flavoring
- 1/4 teaspoon butter flavoring
In a large bowl, combine ingredients; beat on medium speed until well blended. Whip on low speed 10 minutes or until very creamy. Recipe produces a white icing.
Recipe and image taken with permission fromVi Whittington and Autumn Carpenter's Book, Creative Cupcakes.