Ingredients and Supplies
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons corn syrup
- 16 oz Guittard Butterscotch Chips, melted
- 1 tablespoon Invert Sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 pound cCocoa Dark Candy Coating, melted
- 15 drops Peppermint Oil
- Red and White Peppermint Crunch
- 9 x 9 inch square baking pan
1. Prepare 9 inch square pan with parchment paper, generously brushed with butter or sprayed with non-stick spray. Line pan completely.
2. In heavy sauce pan, bring cream and corn syrup to boil.
3. Add butter and invert sugar. Cool for a few minutes.
4. Make sure cream mixture and melted butterscotch are close in temperature. Combine, blending with a whisk until a smooth consistency is reached.
5. Spread in prepared pan. Tap to remove air bubbles and to smooth. Chill for several hours in the refrigerator.
6. Remove from pan and cut into squares using a bench scraper, pizza cutter, or a cut shape using a cookie cutter.
7. Dip into melted candy coating flavored with peppermint oil and top with peppermint crunch.