Ingredients and Supplies
- sugar cookie dough
- rolling pin
- perfection strips
- Dottie Cutter Set
- Pencil Stripes Stencil Set
- white fondant
- mint green royal icing
- light pink royal icing
- Scrip Clixstix Cutter
- fine brush
- paint tray
- piping gel
- palette knife
- gold dust
- lemon oil or grain alcohol
- shaker with powdered sugar or corn starch
Sugar Cookie Recipe
Roll dough and cut using large Dottie cutter. Bake and cool.
Dust the work surface with powdered sugar or cornstarch. Roll fondant
or gum paste the length and height desired. It is very important that the fondant does not stick to the surface during this
1. Place stencil A on top of the rolled fondant. Spread royal icing onto the stencil.
2. Scrape the stencil so there is not any excess royal icing on the stencil.
3. Hold onto the ends of the stencil A and lift straight up. Allow the first color to set completely. A thin layer of royal icing
will typically set in 10-15 minutes. Humid areas may require additional time.
4. When the first color is set, place stencil B onto the fondant, lining up the design. Spread royal icing onto the stencil. Scrape the stencil so there is not any excess royal icing on the stencil.
5. Hold onto the ends of the stencil B and lift straight up.
6. Cut the panel with the same cutter used to cut cookies.
Brush the top of the cookie with piping gel and lay fondant piece on top. Roll a piece of white fondant very thin and use the smallest Dottie cutter to cut a plaque. Use the Clixstix to cut the uppercase letter needed. Mix gold dust with the lemon oil or alcohol in a paint tray. Use a fine brush to paint the edge of the plaque and the letter. Once the pieces are dry, attach the letter to the plaque and the plaque to the cookie using piping gel.