Egg Hot Cocoa Bomb
Idea gallery #2408
- Milk Chocolate Coating
- Cocoa Powder
- Granulated Sugar
- • Mini Marshmallows
- Super White Candy Coating
- Edible Glitter
- Icing Lay-Ons, if desired
1. Melt any milk chocolate coating in the micro
wave until completely melted-- 30 second inter
-vals work best.
2. Spoon a small amount of this melted coating into
each cavity of a 3D egg mold.
3. Use your angled spatula to drag the coating
up the sides of the mold. You do not want your
coating too thick, just a thin shell.
4. Place your mold into the refrigerator for 5-7
5. In the meantime, combine 2 tablespoons of gran
-ulated sugar & 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
to make your homemade hot chocolate mix.
6. Once the coating has set up in the refrigerator,
add a 2nd layer of melted coating along the
top edge of each cavity-- this is supporting the
weakest part of the coating shell.
7. Put this mold into the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
8. Invert the mold to release each egg shell.
9. Heat an electric skillet on low heat. Place a piece of parchment paper down in the skillet for
10. Once the skillet has heated, gently melt down the edges to smooth the 2 shells with a flat sec
-tion on the bottom.
11. Fill each smoothed egg shell with approximately 2 tablespoons of your homemade hot choco
-late mix. Add desired amount of mini marshmallows.
12. Melt the edge of one of the unfilled egg shells. While this coating is still wet, place on top of
the other filled half.
13. This wet coating is going to seal the two pieces of candy coating together.
14. Repeat this process with the other egg.
15. Melt down super white coating in the microwave in a tipless bag-- 30 seconds should be all it
16. To decorate your egg bombs, work on parchment for easy clean-up.
17. Cut a small hole in your tipless bag & drizzle over your egg.
18. While this coating is still wet, apply desired sugar lay-ons & dust with edible glitter.
19. To enjoy, place one of the bombs in a large mug & pour 1 cup of hot milk over it. Stir thorough