Ingredients and Supplies
- 1 package cake mix
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup crushed Lemon Crunch
- 2 teaspoons Lorann Lemon Emulsion
- 1/2 pound White Candy Coating (melted)
- 8-10 drops lemon oil
- yellow sanding sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350. Line baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone mat.
2. Place cake mix, melted butter, eggs, flour and flavorings/add-ins, ect. in large mixing bowl. Blend on low speed until well combined, 3-4 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl with a rubber scraper. The dough should come together in a ball. Transfer the dough to the prepared baking sheet. With floured hands, shape the dough into a rectangle, about 14" long by 4" wide by 1/2" thick. Mound the dough so that it is slightly higher in the center. Place baking sheet in the oven.
3. Bake the biscotti rectangle until it feels firm when lightly pressed with your finger and a cake tester or toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 30-35 minutes. Remove the baking sheet from the oven and let the biscotti cool for 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 300º.
4. Remove biscotti carefully to a cutting surface. Use a serrated bread knife to slice the rectangle diagonally into 1" thick slices. Carefully place the slices back on the baking sheet, placing the slices on their side. Return the baking sheet to the oven.
5. Bake the biscotti an additional 12-15 minutes to dry them out. Remove from oven and allow them to cool completely on a cooling rack. They will crisp as they cool.
6. Drizzle melted and flavored candy coating on cooled biscotti and immediately sprinkle with sanding sugar and leave until chocolate is set.