Hot Chocolate Cheesecake Bonbon Recipe
Idea gallery #1766
Ingredients and Supplies
- Bonbon Ingredients:
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Bean Paste
- 1/2 cup Sugar & Crumbs Chocolate Milkshake
- 1 1/2 oz hot cocoa mix (recipe below)
- 1 pound Cocoa Dark Candy Coating, melted
- 1/4 cup Mini Marshmallows
- Homemade Hot Cocoa Mix Ingredients:
- 1 cup Guittard Semi-Sweet Chocolate chips
- 1 cup Guittard Cocoa Powder (Cocoa Rouge)
- 2 cups Sugar & Crumbs Chocolate Milkshake
- 1/2 cup dry milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
1. In a large mixing bowl, beat together cream cheese, butter, vanilla bean paste, chocolate milkshake icing sugar and hot cocoa mix until well blended and smooth. Scrape mixture into a bowl and place in freezer for about 30 minutes. Line a small tray with parchment paper. Remove mixture from freezer and scoop with cookie scoop, into about 12 balls. Place tray in freezer for 1 hour.
2. Once cheesecake centers are chilled and firm, remove tray from freezer and, one by one, dip in melted canding coating with dipping tool. (If shapes are not as round as you would like, you can quickly roll them between your hands first - but be careful not to warm them up too much.) Return to parchment lined tray and garnish with mini marshmallows. Drizzle bonbons with leftover melted chocolate. Place in refrigerator until ready to serve.
Homemade Hot Chocolate Mix Country Kitchen Style
Place all ingredients in a food processor. Run food processor to make a fine powder. Store in a mason jar.
To serve: Add 2-3 tablespoons of miz to 1 cup hot water, milk or add in some cream or half and half. Top with whipped cream or marshmallows to make it decadent.