Chocolate Peppermint Butterscotch Squares
Idea gallery #2296
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- 2 tsp Corn Syrup
- 1 tbsp Invert Sugar
- 1 tbsp Butter, softened
- 16 ounces Guittard Butterscotch chips, melted
- 1 pound Cocoa Dark Candy Coating, melted
- 15 drops Peppermint Oil
- Red & White Peppermint
1. In heavy saucepan, bring cream and corn syrup
to boil. Add butter and invert sugar.
2. Add cream mixture to melted butterscotch. Com
bine, blending with a whisk until a smooth consis
tency is reached.
3. Spread in 9 x 9 pan lined with parchment paper.
Tap to remove air bubbles and to smooth.
4. Chill for several hours in the refrigerator.
5. Remove from pan and cut into squares using a
bench scraper, pizza cutter or a cut shape using
a cookie cutter.
6. Add peppermint flavor to the melted candy
coating. Dip cut squares into melted coating. Top
with peppermint crunch.
7. Makes Approximately 64-1 inch squares.